28-50 Wine Workshop & Kitchen offers many wines by the glass, carafe, and bottle and serves French Bistro style food in 3 locations in London – Marylebone, Mayfair, and Fetter Lane. At the Marylebone location that we went to, we were very happy with the wines we tried and the food, although I felt that the portion sizes were small for most dishes. We were surprised that 4 of us walked-in on a Saturday evening and got seated without a wait – may be we just got lucky! Service was friendly, but somewhat distracted. I think 28-50 is one of the top 10 wine bars in Central London (even though I am yet to try many others).
A few key points about the food at 28-50 in Marylebone:
- Vegetarian options are limited
- The aubergine starter was too sweet for me (read too much balsamic). The rest of the appetizers were great!
- The burger arrives without fries – may be a problem for some, was not for us that evening. Friends enjoyed the burger sans fries.
- Scallops were nicely done (too small) and friend enjoyed the coq au vin (must have been a special that night, it’s not on the current menu)
- Dessert options are listed with best wine option – yay!!
28-50 in Marylebone has such a relaxed feel with friendly service and decent food that I’d say go for the wine, and enjoy the food!
Related reading from other London bloggers about 28-50 Wine Workshop and Kitchen (most are 2012 entries)
Related reading on Not Just Vegetarian
- Xai Xai – a South African Wine Bar in NYC
Note: The post titled “28-50 Wine Workshop and Kitchen Marylebone, London” appeared first on Not Just Vegetarian