Is it already a month since the year started? Wow! Happy New Year to all of you! I wish you all good health, lots of love and happiness all around!
Last year my resolution was to highlight SPE certified dishes on Not Just Vegetarian. I ate out reasonably often in NYC and in London. While I think I ate healthy, I did not find too many restaurants that were SPE certified or dishes that were SPE certified (in fact, I found none – Rouge Tomate was the exception in NYC and I did not go there for a meal in 2013!) No such resolutions this year – just setting expectations!!
I hope to write more often on Not Just Vegetarian and hope to hear more from you this year…
We rang in the New Year with these delicious and super-easy-to-make raspberry mint bellinis from a Jamie Oliver Recipe – I have a printed copy, but can’t find an online link.
Raspberry Mint Bellini – a Jamie Oliver Recipe
Prep time: 5 – 10 minutes
- Raspberries – 300 grams
- Caster sugar – 2 Tablespoons
- Fresh mint leaves – 1/2 a small bunch
- Prosecco – One 750 ml bottle chilled
- Pop 300 grams of raspberries into a bowl with 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- Pick the leaves from 1/2 a small bunch of fresh mint and carefully blitz with the raspberries with a hand blender until smooth
- Pass the raspberries through a fine sieve into a large jug
- Pour in the chilled Prosecco into the jug and gently stir everything together.
- Serve in tall glasses, topping with some more Prosecco, if required.
Good health, love, and happiness (through food and otherwise) to all of you, your friends and family!!