Dalcha, a restaurant in Parsons Green / Fulham in London, serves Hyderabadi dishes as well as dishes common and popular at Indian restaurants. The best dishes at Dalcha were, however, the Hyderabadi ones of vegetarian biryani and the dalcha (lamb simmered with yellow dal / lentils).
- Mango Lassi was thick and creamy with rich mango flavour, but the jaljeera was not tangy enough
- Anaari macchi (cod fried in pomegranate sauce) did not meet expectations – looked better than it tasted – cod was overcooked and chewy, and was not marinated enough – could taste the raw spices, and could not taste the pomegranate in the sauce – except for the seeds sprinkled on top
- Vegetarian biryani was aromatic with the spices and herbs, yet was not overly spicy.
- Dalcha – spiced lentils simmered with lamb pieces was very filling. The dish felt very much like a dal served in Hyderabad – its (thick) consistency, and curry leaves are so representative of a dal in Hyderabad and so different from a dal served in most other parts of India.
Go to Dalcha for its authentic Hyderabadi dishes (yes, you are likely to get better Hyderabadi food in Hyderabad, but if you are in SW London, it’s worth a visit). If you plan to watch a movie at he Vue in Fulham Broadway, Dalcha is a great option for a quick and satisfying meal.
(Indian Cuisine) Related posts on Not Just Vegetarian
- Indali Lounge
- Mint Leaf
- Bombay Duck Co. (Mumbai Street food in NYC)
Note: The post titled “Dalcha: Hyderabadi vegetarian biryani and dalcha in London” appeared first on Not Just Vegetarian
Veg biryani recipe is one of my favourite and i have information about it but when i see your post and am sooo much happy
“Thinking about having Indian today? Taste the most authentic & traditional Indian cuisines in Aldgate London. Order your takeaway now and enjoy the royal ethnic food!
Mumbai Square is a family-owned restaurant established a few years ago with a simple aim to serve people the most authentic Indian dishes in London. We are located in the City between Liverpool Street and Aldgate underground station.
At Mumbai Square, our chefs designed a menu to reflect our ethos and creativity using traditional Indian recipes. We only use halal meat. We have also created a special Vegan menu. You will have an intimate and relaxed dining experience with dedicated staff ensuring your time in our premises is memorable.
Mumbai Square, hosts events with up to 300 seats in a private function room, and high ceilings glass-fronted mezzanine level. Fully-fitted professional kitchen, bar and meeting room. You can hire our venue for a whole range of events such as launches, parties, meetings, corporate events, workshops, exhibitions, retreats. and more.”