So, Not Just Vegetarian is one year old!!! Thank you friends, family, and all readers for supporting this blog. Here is a round-up of the top 10 posts over the past year:
- No. 10: Chilean wine class at Puro Wine I really enjoyed learning about Chilean wine and eating Chilean appetizers in this class. I also got to know why wine from the Camenere grape goes so well with spicy (Indian) food
- No. 9: A carrot zucchini muffin, a vegan brownie, and a vegan, gluten-free cookie at Dean and Deluca. This is when I met a friend who has started Baby Mantra – an all natural, organic, gluten-free line of products for babies and mommies.
- No. 8: Amazing grilled tofu from Mooncake Foods. This is when I discovered buckwheat noodles and really enjoyed the cilantro ginger dressing with the noodles and grilled tofu
- No. 7: Kulfi @ Nirvanaah in Sunnyvale, CA. This is when I found kulfi on the West coast and reminisced about enjoying kulfi in Mumbai (when it was Bombay!)
- No. 6: Delicious gelatos from a gelato making class at Mia Chef Gelataria. The title says it all, doesn’t it?
- No. 5: Progressive food tolerance among Tamilian vegetarians. I had a hearty laugh when I came across a cartoon (meant to be taken lightly) that attempts to categorize eating habits of a tiny sliver of the Indian population. You need to be Tamilian to appreciate this.
- No. 4: Best Spicy Tequila cocktail in NYC at Tequileria Maya. I had the most well-balanced spicy tequila cocktail house that had jalapeno infused tequila, with cucumber, and citrus. It packs a lot of heat!!
- No. 3: Best vegan restaurant in NYC is Cafe Blossom I still think Cafe Blossom is excellent for vegan food in NYC, just as Peacefood Cafe, Table Verte, and ‘sNice are. May be its time to write a post about top 5 vegan restaurant list for NYC…..
- No. 2: Dosa Hunt – a search for the best vegan South Indian crepe in NYC. This post is about a short film called Dosa Hunt and my discovery of the best kal dosai in NYC at Anjappar.
- No.1: From the NY Chocolate show 2012. Need I say more???
When I look for a pattern among the top 10 posts, it seems as though readers share my preferences for chocolate, gelatos, wine, spicy food and drinks, as well as vegan and gluten-free food. The question is should I write more about these?